Part Time BLE
PART–TIME BASIC LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING ACADEMY
The 2023 PT BLE Academy (Phase 36) begin on April 22, 2023.
The next academy has not been scheduled. For information on the MTTU IV PART–TIME BASIC LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING ACADEMY please contact Director Bill Petentler at 309.344.3366 or firstname.lastname@example.org
POWER TESTING: Date: TBA at the Knox Conty YMCA 1324 Carl Sandburg College, Proctors will be just inside the front door.
The YMCA requires comletion of a waiver and limited personal information to create a check-in account; these forms will be sent out once the
recruit is registered for the POWER Test.
40-hour MFT Course must be provided within the Academy for all recruits, even if they have previously attended a 40hour MFT course.
Mobile Team Training Unit IV provides the Part-time Basic Law Enforcement Academy training based on the current curriculum required by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standard Board. The Part-time Basic Law Enforcement Academy is a combination of online study and class attendance. MTTU IV provides mandatory classes that are held primarily at the Galesburg Facility. The Academy takes approximately nine months to complete. Classes will be held on Saturdays and Sundays.
All officers must pass the Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test prior to entry into the Academy.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- No later than 6 months from date of hire – a new officer must
- complete the Illinois 40-hour Mandatory Firearms Training (MFT) and
- “enroll” in the PTBLE Academy – by which the Board means the officer must successfully pass the POWER test conducted by the MTU
- No later than 18 months from date of hire – the new officer must successfully complete the PTBLE Academy – which means passing the state certification exam.
- Failure to meet either of these training timelines will result in the officer being forfeited by the agency and being permanently barred from part time law enforcement employment. They can still be hired but only as a full-time officer.